China is renowned as one of oldest and richest cultures across the globe and the eternal beauty of its women is a major reason for attracting numerous men towards the online Chinese dating websites. However, not many men using such sites are aware of some interesting facts about this ancient nation which can add fun to their online dating experience, and can provide interesting subject matter when any uncomfortable silence suddenly takes place during those long getting to know each other chats. Given below are some such facts:
1. China was considered to be one of the most pleasant and safest countries to travel to by the famous traveler Ibn Battuta, who visited the country in 1340’s and was deeply impressed by its culture, society, art and the progress it was making.
2. China has been a permanent member of the UN security council since 1971, a privilege that is shared only by four other countries namely, Russia, France, Great Britain and USA.
3. Modern China, also known as the People’s Republic of China came into existence after the Nationalist forces were defeated in 1949. This new nation was as large as the countries of Japan and United States put together. Since the early 1980’s it has progressed at a high speed and today it is now one of the super powers in the world.
4. The credit for developing China into the biggest cultural and commercial hub of Asia goes to Deng Xiaoping, one of the nation’s best known political figures. According to Vogel, one of the world’s preeminent Asia scholars, “no other leader in the twentieth century” did more to improve the lives of more people or had such a large and lasting influence on world history as did Deng.
5. A lot of people using Chinese dating websites for the first time are surprised to learn that over the past decade China has hosted various international sports and cultural events in a successful manner. Prominent among these are the Olympic Games, Asian games and the Miss World pageant.
6. China is home to no less than 38 World Heritage sites, which include The Great Wall of China, Lushan National Park, Yungang Grottoes, Yin Xu and Fujian Tulou. The Great Wall apart from being a national symbol is also one of the Seven Wonders of the World and the only one that can be seen from space.
7. Chinese food, which consists of eight regional cuisines is one of the most loved cuisines around the globe and has even been adapted by numerous other cultures with their own innovations being introduced.